Friday, December 19, 2008

Art Centre: December 15-19, 2008

Art Centre: December 15-19, 2008

Central Technical School Art Centre:

Year Two: Week Sixteen


Aha! Another week, the week before the Christmas break and I attended only on Monday – finished preparing my wizard hat for first firing. Thursday I continued working on the fusion head and showed my revised illustration board design for the fusion head project. I redid my contact sheet in photography and mounted my pinhole pictures (with help from a classmate). I submitted my second project in Printmaking – have a look!


Printmaking Project II:

Seashell Series of Etchings

Project Theme: Water in Nature

Artist Proof: Three Shells

Artist Proof: Shells and Coral

Artist Proof: Many Shells

Varied Edition Prints 1-3/35


Here are the prints – two versions:

Three shells - Shells and Coral - Many Shells



After the Break

I’ve one more project in both ceramics and printmaking; two more assignments in photography, plaster casts to make in sculpting (and the finished fusion head illustration board), and I’m up to date in computers.


I’m getting ready to teach The Holistic Curriculum in the winter term one evening a week at OISE/UT. And as for the holidays, I’ve done nothing so far…just lights around windows and a wreath. I’m still reading final papers for the fall course I taught (Foundations of Curriculum). And I still have a virus that includes a stuffed up head and coughing and not a lot of energy to think about sending cards and buying presents.


I have a website of links on preparing for Christmas: http://astralsite.com/stuff/PrepXmas.html



One Christmas a few years ago, I traveled back to my home state of Arkansas and visited the Majestic Hotel in Hot Springs, where I lived as a kid – my dad was the manager of this resort hotel. On the trip I also enjoyed seeing friends from graduate school days at the Dallas Theater Center and I stayed overnight with one of my sisters, Carmen. Here are three drawings I did along the way. I call them the Christmas chairs.


Ashley’s church chair - Dallas

Jacque’s chair – Dallas

Carmen’s chair – Lake Kiowa


Please check out my links for the New Year.

http://www.astralsite.com/stuff/NewYears2009.html


Happy Holidays!

No comments: